Application Deadline: 15 May 2019
The causes are there, the researchers are there. But where are the means that make it possible to carry out research and breathe life into this work?
UNESCO-Equatorial Guinea International Prize for Research in the Life Sciences aims to encourage research and the development of centres of scientific excellence. It rewards projects and activities that contribute to improving the quality of human life through science.
Candidates can be individuals or institutions. The prize is awarded to a maximum of three winners per year.
This award strengthens the recognition given to researchers. The amount of 350,000 USD is divided equally among the laureates, who receive a certificate and a “Integracion Tribal” statuette from the famous Equatorial Guinean artist Leandro Mbomio.
Individual(s) or Institutions endorsed by:
- Either Member States in consultation with their National Commissions; or
- Non-governmental organizations in official partnership with UNESCO active in a field covered by the Prize.
Each can endorse up to 5 candidates no later than the deadline set each year. Self-nominations will not be considered.
How to apply
Candidates must register online.
After registration, candidates will receive a temporary password to access and complete an online form in English or French.
Application form includes:
- Background Information ;
- Outline of the candidate’s contribution to the Prize’s objectives;
- Summary of the work/research;
- List of Publications.
All supporting material (e.g. publications, photos, videos) must be transmitted electronically through the online system.
Once complete, applications may be submitted in two ways:
- Candidates invited to apply by a NGO can upload proof of their endorsement and submit to the UNESCO Secretariat.
- Candidates can submit their application to a National Commission through the online process.
The UNESCO Secretariat receives only applications that have been officially endorsed. The candidate should make all efforts to ensure endorsement with the relevant National Commission.
Nominations after deadline or by individuals without endorsement will be excluded.
For More Information: