Application Deadline: April 30th 2016
The Call to Action is seeking concrete scientific and technological innovations to achieve the 17 SDGs.
Show us your creativity, entrepreneurship and drive to promote sustainable development by submitting your innovation today
Each year, the United Nations will host a Multi-stakeholder Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation for the SDGs (STI Forum). As part of the first annual STI Forum 2016 the UN, in collaboration with the Global Innovation Exchange, is launching a Call to Action for innovators, scientists, and entrepreneurs worldwide to submit their innovations as workable solutions for sustainable development.
The purpose of this Call to Action is to help to support these solutions by creating networks and communities among people who are developing technological and scientific innovations, those who can support or scale up such innovations, and those who need such innovations in order to implement the SDGs.
Worldwide, stakeholders are already leading the way towards the achievement of the SDGs by creating and scaling up ambitious and innovative ideas, technologies and practices. Help us to show what it takes to make sustainable development a reality for all! Innovations should be already delivering solutions to the SDGs, and are welcomed from diverse backgrounds, including women, youth, Indigenous peoples, and open collaborative networks.
What innovative solutions UN is looking for?
- Linked to one or more of the 17 SDGs
- Already in progress and delivering for sustainable development
- With cross-cutting benefits
- Scalable solutions with high impact
- Adaptable, readily diffusible, affordable and accessible
- Drawn from diverse knowledge systems
- Originating in a variety of developed and developing countries, and from diverse sectors
- Especially targeted at assisting the poorest, most vulnerable and marginalized
Why submit your innovation?
- Be part of the solution to sustainable development
- Join the effort to implement the 2030 Agenda and SDGs
- Exposure to governments, donors, philanthropists, investors, industry and leaders in global scientific and technological communities
- Connect with resource-providers, potential customers and potential partners
- Benefit from technical, legal and political guidance
- Join a global community of innovators
- Be part of a United Nations-affiliated effort, and a new initiative of this global community
- Chance for global visibility through the first annual STI Forum, at the UN Headquarters, New York, June 6 and 7, 2016
May, 2016: Innovations selected for the STI Forum
June 6 and 7, 2016: Selected innovations showcased at the STI Forum (UN Headquarters, New York, USA)
Ongoing: The Global Innovation Exchange continues to host and promote SDG innovations
For More Information: