Application Deadline: Sunday 2 April 2017 at 11:59pm (BST).
- At the time of application, applicants must be employed in an academic role by an ACU member institution.
- Applications are open to university staff who are less than ten years from the start of their employment in an academic role.
- Academic staff who have recently returned to work after a career break can also be considered: applicants to whom this criteria applies should make this clear in their application.
- Applicants must not have previously worked or attended an academic conference outside their home region.
The conference to be attended must be a recognised academic conference in a field relevant to the applicant’s area of expertise. The conference must be held in a Commonwealth country other than the applicant’s country of employment. Applicants must give details of their chosen conference at the time of application.
Applicants can strengthen their application by providing evidence of the submission/acceptance of a paper or poster, or other communication with the conference organisers. It is highly recommended that applicants attach this evidence to their application form.
The grant must be used to participate in a conference between 1 July 2017 and 31 December 2017.
Amount of grant
The maximum amount of each grant is GBP 2000. Grants can be used to cover travel and visa costs, conference fees, accommodation and subsistence.
- Applicants must provide a letter of support from their head of department. Successful applicants will be responsible for arranging any required visa.
- Grants will be paid in a single instalment to a nominated individual at the grant holder’s home institution.
- Grant holders must provide an account of expenditure and a brief report on how their grant has been spent.
- The ACU reserves the right to publish the names of successful applicants on the ACU website and in ACU publications.
For More Information: