Application Deadline: March 31, 2017 at 11:59pm EST.
For 15 years, InterAction’s photography contest has focused on incredible humanitarian and development work. Once again, we encourage you to submit your most powerful photos that illustrate innovative, effective, and inspiring efforts in humanitarian assistance and international relief and development.
To honor this milestone, this year we will honor winners in three categories in addition to the grand prize winner. The categories are: Global Development, Humanitarian Assistance, and Mobile Phone.
- The Global Development category will highlight photos that show the innovation that is taking place around the world to make communities more self-reliant, sustainable, and equal for all.
- The Humanitarian Assistance category will highlight the resilience of communities in the face challenging and harrowing situations, such as a natural disaster or a prolonged conflict. Images of the humanitarian workers who assist these communities will also be accepted. Note: Please be respectful of the individuals in these photos. Graphic or demeaning photos will not be accepted.
- The Mobile Phone category will highlight photos (both humanitarian and development –focused) that were taken on a mobile device. We encourage participants to get creative with this category and show us how art and technology can together make an impact.
- The Grand Prize Winner will be chosen from all of the submissions and can come from any category: humanitarian, development, or mobile. The Grand Prize winner will not also win one of the categories – the award will be separate.
- Entries are limited to three (3) photos per person (please note – the limit is not three per category, but three total).
- Entries should be 300 dpi or larger at a size no smaller than roughly 3” x 5” (file sizes less than 8MB please).
- One Grand Prize Winner will receive $1,000 USD and the Effective Assistance Photography Certificate. The winning photo will also be showcased at InterAction’s Forum, June 20-22.
- The three category winners will receive $100 USD and have their photographs displayed on an online gallery at www.interaction.org.
- Two runners up per category (six total) will have their photographs displayed on an online gallery at www.interaction.org.
A panel including photojournalists and subject area experts will choose the winning photographs. After judging, InterAction will notify the Grand Prize winner of their selection. If the winner does not respond within seven (7) days of notification, InterAction may at its discretion select another image as the new Grand Prize Winner. InterAction will also notify all other winners within this timeframe.
For More Information: