Application Deadline: May 30th 2017
The Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA) is a grant making and advocacy foundation that is part of the global Open Society Foundations Network. OSIWA works to support the creation of open societies in West Africa marked by functioning democracy, good governance, the rule of law, basic freedoms, and widespread civic participation. Its headquarters is in Dakar and it has offices in Abuja, Monrovia, Freetown and Conakry.
OSIWA only supports innovative interventions with effective strategies that respond to the broader deep-seated political, justice and socio-economic roadblocks to open society in West Africa. We seek to seize new opportunities and deploy novel methods, including technology, to address open society challenges.
OSIWA seeks proposals aimed at achieving the following specific themes:
- Economic Governance and Advancement
- Justice Reform and Rule of Law
- Equality and Anti-Discrimination
- Democratic Practice
- OSIWA primarily awards grants to local organizations based in West Africa. In rare and limited circumstances, it provides support to West Africa-based international organizations with a strong commitment to transfer knowledge to local groups they partner with.
- It provides grants to government institutions as well as regional and sub-regional organizations working in its core priority areas.
- OSIWA requires all organizations seeking funding to submit a complete proposal, budget, and other relevant documents including leadership information (list of Board members, trustees and management staff who will be involved in the project), proof of registration and banking details.
- Applications that are not submitted with all the relevant documentation may be delayed.
SUBMISSION AND DEADLINES
- Proposals should be sent directly to: email@example.com.
- Only proposals sent to this email address will be considered.
- Proposals will be accepted until May 30th 2017.
- OSIWA encourages the early submission of proposals. Submitted proposals will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
For More Information: