Application Deadline: Tuesday, 17 January 2017.
A call for workshop and symposium presentations is open. Please submit your proposals before Tuesday, 17 January 2017.
Co-organized by UNESCO and UNHCR Mobile Learning Week 2017 will be held under the theme ‘Education in emergencies and crises’ from 20 to 24 March in Paris.
Register today to expand international understandings of how new and affordable technologies can help:
- Strengthen inclusion in education
- Preserve the continuity of learning in conflict and disaster contexts
- Open and enrich learning opportunities for refugees and other displaced people
- Facilitate the integration of learners in new schools and communities
- Catalyze innovation in the education sector and improve the impact of humanitarian interventions
If your proposal is selected by the evaluation committee for inclusion in the programme, you will have an opportunity to address an international audience of mobile learning specialists and representatives from governments, foundations, NGOs and private sector companies.
The workshops will be held at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris on 22 March 2017. Each workshop will last 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Your workshop proposal should relate to the overarching theme of MLW 2017: ‘Education in emergencies and crises’ .
- The workshops will allow participants to take part in demonstrations of innovative mobile learning content, technology, research and projects. The workshops will explain how technology can be leveraged to open and expand learning opportunities, especially for displaced learners and those in emergency and crisis situations.
- Collectively, the workshops provide a platform for mobile learning practitioners and other education stakeholders to exchange experiences and share knowledge related to the ‘Education in emergencies and crises’ theme of Mobile Learning Week 2017.
- The event is expected to feature approximately 20 workshops which will be held in medium-sized rooms to encourage interactivity and discussion.
UNESCO and UNHCR are currently inviting submission of workshop proposals. Submit a proposal.
- The two-day Symposium is the core of Mobile Learning Week. It will convene government representatives, education specialists, mobile learning experts, project managers, researchers and industry partners to share strategies to expand access to education and improve learning through the use of information and communication technologies (ICT).
- The Symposium will feature plenary addresses from experts working at the intersection of technology and education and host nearly 100 breakout sessions related to the ‘Education in emergencies and crises’ theme of overarching Mobile Learning Week event.
- Overall, the Symposium will seek to identify innovations that leverage mobile technology to improve the learning opportunities for vulnerable children and adults, especially those who have been displaced, in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Agenda.
UNESCO and UNHCR are currently inviting submission of Symposium presentation proposals. Submit a proposal.
For More Information: