The Eastern Africa Youth Forum (EAYF) is an annual programme that is designed to guide young visionary leaders towards ethical living and leadership within the Eastern Africa region (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, North Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia.) It is a programme of Initiatives of Change (IofC), a network of people committed to the transformation of society based on change in individuals starting with themselves.
The 4th Eastern Africa Youth Forum (EAYF) shall take place in Bujumbura, Burundi from 17-22 February, 2014. The theme of the forum ‘Responsible Youth; Bridge to Sustainable Peace and Development.’
Participants are challenged to examine their relationships and role in society through times of reflection, plenary sessions, workshops and community work. They are encouraged to look at their own hopes, fears and motivations and examine their relationships with an aim to make a collective search for answers to common issues and concerns faced in the region.
- Annual EAYF:EAYF aims to annually create a common ground for 90 young people from the 9 Eastern Africa region to come together to discuss and brainstorm on how best to address the common problems facing their countries.Annual EAYF progress so far
- February 2011 – Nakuru, Kenya
- February 2012- Kampala, Uganda
- February 2013- Kigali, Rwanda
- February 2014- Bujumbura, Burundi
- Leadership Forums/Workshops:‘Integrity Youth Campaign’: EAYF will host ‘Youth Integrity Campaigns’ in the 9 countries to empower, encourage, capacity build and offer mentorship to young people who are courageous enough to stand up and give ethical leadership and governance in their society.Every year for next three years (2013-2015), EAYF will run 3-one week mini workshops in 3 countries for 30 committed young leaders in each country hence comprehensively empowering and mentoring 270 young people around Eastern Africa!
Application form is available here in English and French. Fill and send the form to : [email protected]
For More Information: