Deadline: January 14 2014
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) is delighted to sponsors the SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for applicants from Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa States. The main objective of the scholarship scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from the three Niger Delta States to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential;
- meet the university’s language requirement (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS);
- be aged between 21-28 years;
- be an indigene of rivers, Delta or Bayelsa States (documentary proof of this will be required);
- currently reside in Nigeria;
- intend to return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study;
- have obtained a university degree of at least an equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree);
- be neither a current nor former employee (having left employment within the last five years) of SPDC, the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or Karamat Ltd., or be related to current employees of any of these companies;
- not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for the scholarship, candidates must apply to study on one of the three eligible programmes through the standard Imperial College admission procedure by 24 January 2014.
Candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted by the department and advised to complete a scholarship application form.
The scholarship will cover:
a) Tuition fees
b) One return flight from Nigeria to the UK
c) Contribution towards living expenses only*
*Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities Annual Rates and are limited to this.
For More Information:
Email: [email protected]