Application Deadline: 31st July 2016.
Slush Global Impact Accelerator is a program created in collaboration with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and multiple partners globally. The purpose is to create a leading global program to support startups that are looking to solve some of the most pressing global challenges and contributing to the discussion on impact investing.
Slush is Europe’s leading startup and technology event, which connects startups and tech talent with top-tier international investors, executives, and media. In 2015, Slush brought together 15,000 attendees from one hundred nations for a two day event held in Helsinki, Finland.
Slush Global Impact Accelerator 2016 brings impactful entrepreneurs from emerging markets to Helsinki to accelerate their business, attract additional financing and make an even greater impact on their societies and beyond. The program includes online pre-event coaching and Helsinki boot camp program from November 22–December 2, 2016 culminating in Slush.
- The Slush Accelerator Program is looking for the next world-changing business ideas that directly addresses global development challenges.
- Startups that have:
- A mission to solve pressing challenges globally. There are no limitations in terms of sector or geographical focus.
- Potential to scale.
- The skills and drive to succeed.
- A business idea that has gained some traction, but can still be in an early phase; At least a working prototype.
What will the Global Impact Accelerator Participants Receive?
- Online pre-mentoring program organised for all the selected participants;
- Helsinki boot camp program from November 22–December 2;
- Skills workshops and capacity building with the leaders from all around the world
- Industry specific matchmaking sessions co-organised with the leading organisations
- Transportation, accommodation and other program related costs will be covered by Slush.
- Access to Slush 2016:-
- Slush matchmaking tool for organizing 1-on-1 meetings with investors
- Opportunity to be featured in Slush 100 Pitching Competition & Slush Impact Showcase;
- Networking with NGOs, institutions, startups, media, and other stakeholders from the Nordics and beyond;
- Access to side events, such as Founders Day, organized during the Slush week.
- Vision to solve pressing challenges globally (A business concept that will have a measurable positive impact on people, society, or planet. There are no limitations in terms of sector or geographical focus.
- Potential to scale;
- Skills and drive to succeed;
- A business idea that has gained some traction, but can still be in an early phase;
- At least a working prototype;
- Preferably with the IT focus
- Can be commercial or non-profit but have to have a scalable business idea
- Attending Slush will benefit their future business activities
- Fluent English skills
Apply via your local hub:
- Mlab, Kenya
- CTIC Dakar, Senegal
- mLab, South Africa
- Buni, Tanzania
- Bongohive, Zambia
- IceAddis, Ethiopia
- Startup Salad, China
- YoungInnovations, Nepal
- Vietnam IPP & HATCH, Vietnam
- Mlab, Bangladesh
- Innovation Fund, Serbia
- Startup Mexico, Mexico
- Invest2Innovate, Pakistan
- IDEÁRIO˚, Mozambique
- The Mediterranean Development Initiative (MDI), Tunisia
For more information on the application process, contact [email protected].
For More Information: