Application Deadline: June 12, 2022
The Future News Worldwide Conference 2022 (FNW22) is a 3-day virtual summit bringing together some of the world’s best student journalists. Participants will join for 3 hours each day to hear from key note speakers, participate in a pitching workshop and network with other young journalists. The session will be repeated later in the day to allow participation from all time zones.
Future News Worldwide is a partnership programme between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organisations; BBC, Google, Reuters, The Herald, The Quint and the UK schools of journalism. Together we identify, train and connect the next generation of global journalists.
The Future News Worlwide annual summit is a central focus of the programme, and brings together 100 young journalists each July to learn from broadcasters, editors and reporters and meet their peers around the globe. Following the conference delegates join the FNW alumni network. In 2022 the summit will be held virtually.
Applications are open to young journalists working in any form of media, who meet the eligibility criteria below:
- Aged 18-25 on 1 July 2022.
- A registered undergraduate or postgraduate student (of any subject), enrolled at a university or higher education institution OR a recent graduate who completed their course after 1 July 2021.
- A native speaker of English OR able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (please note an IELTS qualification is NOT required, your language ability will be assessed via your response to Essay Question 1)
- No previous participation in a Future NEWS or Future News Worldwide event
- Dedicated to a career in journalism in any form.
- Available to attend all three days of the online conference 12, 13, and 14 July 2022 (3 hours per day).
The prize consists of a place at the Future News Worldwide 2022 digital conference, and inclusion in
the Future News Worldwide alumni network.
This includes the following:
• Attendance at the online Future News Worldwide 2022 conference.
• Inclusion in the Future News Worldwide alumni network with over 400 members.
Winning participants must attend all days of the Conference and partake in all programmed activities
unless by prior agreement with the British Council. Failure to comply with these terms will result in
removal from the FNW alumni network and exclusion from future FNW events.
You will be asked to provide personal information and contact details, then to answer two Essay Questions. You may also provide a link to an online portfolio of work.
We recommend working offline and pasting your answers into the online form – as the form cannot be saved once started.
All answers must be in English.
If you wish to respond in a multimedia format (such as a gallery of images, video or podcast) please upload the file to a hosting site (e.g Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud), set a password and paste both the link and password in the space marked “Q2. Answer”.
For More Information: