Application Deadline: April 15th 2016
Early Career Academic Grants are open to early career academics employed by ACU member universities to enable them to participate in a conference held in a Commonwealth country other than their own.
- At the time of application, applicants must be employed in an academic role by an ACU member institution.
- Applications are open to university staff who are less than ten years from the start of their employment in an academic role.
- Academic staff who have recently returned to work after a career break can also be considered: applicants to whom this criteria applies should make this clear in their application.
- Applicants must not have previously studied, worked or attended an academic conference outside their home region.
- The conference to be attended must be a recognised academic conference in a field relevant to the applicant’s area of expertise.
- The conference must be held in a Commonwealth country other than the applicant’s country of employment. Applicants must give details of their chosen conference at the time of application.
- Applications will be strengthened by the applicant providing evidence of the submission/acceptance of a paper or poster, or other communication with the conference organisers.
The grant must be used to participate in a conference between 1 July 2016 and 31 December 2016.
- The maximum amount of each grant is 2000 GBP.
- Grants can be used to cover travel & visa costs, conference fees, accommodation and subsistence
- Applicants must provide a letter of support from their head of department. Successful applicants will be responsible for arranging any required visa.
- Grants will be paid in a single instalment to a nominated individual at the grant holder’s home institution.
- Grant holders must provide an account of expenditure and a brief report on how their grant has been spent.
- The ACU reserves the right to publish the names of successful applicants on the ACU website and in ACU publications.
For More Information: