Application Deadline: 31 March 2016
Are you a Changemaker? Then now apply for the GCM Global Youth Summit!
The Global Changemakers Global Youth Summit 2016 will take place 24-30 July in Switzerland, and applications are now been accepted!
Global Changemakers was created in 2007 with the aim to empower youth to catalyse social change. In its seven year existence it has become a close knit network of 100,000 young social activists. Global Changemakers supported 280 youth-led projects in 128 countries with 200,000 people directly involved and benefiting over 4 million people.
Originally a British Council programme, Global Changemakers is now an independent organisation pursuing the same goals; empower youth to catalyse social change by providing them with skills, contacts, opportunities and a world-wide community of like-minded people
- GCM are looking for the most inspiring young social entrepreneurs, community activists and volunteers from across the globe.
- Participants must be between 18 and 23 years of age on the dates of the summit.
- The Global Changemaker will be bringing 60 Changemakers aged 18 to 23 for a life-changing week of training sessions, networking and workshops.
- In order to apply you must fill in an online application as well as send us a two-minute video describing your efforts to bring about a positive change in your communities and about your ambitions.
- Fill Out the Application Form
- You will need to pay for your application fee (please make sure to copy the Unique Transaction ID number provided by PayPal and paste it on the online application form), fill in an online application form and make a 2 minute application video (you can read the video instructions here).
- Should you want to read the questions on the form before you actually go online, you can find the pdf here.
- GCM will invite the strongest candidates to participate at the Summit, assessing their track record of social entrepreneurship, community activism and volunteerism, whilst ensuring gepgraphical and gender representation.
- If you are selected, your flight (from your country’s main airport), board and lodging costs will be covered for the duration of the summit.
- Additional personal expenses, as well as visas to enter Switzerland (for those who require one) will not be covered.
For More Information: