Application Deadline: 16 March 2023
The King Baudouin African Development (KBF) Africa Prize rewards African organisations which contribute to sustainably improving the lives of people in Africa.
The Prize is awarded every other year and seeks to draw public attention to the many inspirational stories, challenges and successes emerging from the African continent. Beyond its monetary value of 200.000 euros, it offers its winners unique opportunities to increase their visibility and promote their cause to international audiences.
- Beyond its monetary value of 200.000 euros, it offers its laureates unique opportunities to increase their visibility and promote their cause to international audiences.
- The KBF Africa Prize rewards organisations which have been established in Africa, by Africans and which are managed and led by Africans.
- The Prize pays particular attention to initiatives that tackle challenges in Africa in transformative ways, which are resilient and adaptable in a constantly changing context, which have a long-term vision, and which empower people to take their future into their own hands.
- Only organisations which have been established in Africa, by Africans and which are managed and led by Africans can apply. To ensure diversity of the laureates, for the 2023-2024 edition organisations from Nigeria and Somalia (countries of the previous laureates) are requested to abstain, as are organisations working on the themes of waste management and peace-building (themes covered by the two previous laureates). For more specific information, consult the selection criteria document.
- The KBF Africa Prize laureate is carefully selected by an independent Selection Committee consisting of 12 international experts.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the King Baudouin African Development Prize 2023