Application Deadline: October 31st 2016
United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) is a United
Nations body whose work focuses on global partnership to reverse and prevent
desertification and land degradation and mitigate the effects of drought through
sustainable land management in order to support poverty reduction and
The Land for Life Youth Social Media Activists Challenge: “Are You the ONE?” campaign aims to recognize active, passionate and dedicated young people who are currently active in conserving natural resources and promoting such actions to their peers and local communities via social media. Winners’ initiatives, stories, experience and /or challenges encountered, ideas or solutions will be communicated and highlighted through UNCCD’s various communication channels such as social media platforms and website.
- Open to young people who are aged between 16 to 40 years old, and belong to the
group of young people who will play a decisive role in shaping the future
- Young people who are passionate, dedicated and actively working to promote
environmental justice; sustainable land management; natural resource management;and/or land conservation via different social channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, websites, YouTube, blogs, flicker, and other related social channels.
- Bloggers, YouTubers, Journalists, Young Leaders, Teachers, Students, Artists,
Celebrities, or young people who are active in social movements, community
organizations, and are currently active promoting environmental issues
- Young people or young activists who have been directly contributing to sustainable
land management or environmental initiative and has inspired others to do the same
through social media platforms.
- Top 3 winners will be sponsored to attend a UNCCD International Youth Event co-organized with Future Forest
- Winners will be recognized as Land for Life Youth Social Media Activists for a period of one year and receiving a certificate.
- Winners’ story will be published and promoted through UNCCD communication channels.
- Winners will be invited to present their work at international events.
- Winners will be expected to promote all UNCCD campaigns with their networks.
- Deadline for submission: 31 October 2016
- Selected nominees / applicants open for public voting: 14 – 27 November 2016**
- Selection of 5 finalists by the UNCCD secretariat: 28 November – 10 December 201
- Announcement of Top 3 Winners: 15 December 2016
For More Information: