Application Deadline: Saturday 9 July, 2016
UNOY Peacebuilders’ annual Young Peacebuilders Forum will take place in The Hague from 20 to 24 September. The YPF will bring together 45 young peacebuilders to learn from each other’s experiences across the world and to develop joint strategies to strengthen youth participation in peace and security policies.
The theme of the Young Peacebuilders Forum 2016 is Youth, Policy and Peace. UNOY Peace Builders will explore how we can ensure that our needs and experiences are reflected in inclusive policies that enable youth to play an active role in building peace and countering violent extremism.
- Participants must be aged between 18 and 30 and fluent in English.
- Both UNOY Peacebuilders member organisations and non-members are encouraged to apply. Priority will be given to participants who:
- have experience in the fields related to peacebuilding and conflict transformation
- are currently active in a youth peace organisation
- are committed to multiply the outcomes of the activity in their own work
The selection of participants will be based on applicant’s’ motivation and experience, as well as gender balance and geographical diversity.
Due to funding restrictions the majority of participants will come from Europe. However we encourage non-European peacebuilders to apply as we will have some positions available for non-European participants.
Accommodation and food are fully covered apart from a participation fee of € 50/person. Travel costs will be covered by 70%. The forum is supported by the Council of Europe.
Application Deadline: Saturday 9 July
Date of Selection: Friday 15 July
contact Matteo Tonella ([email protected])
For More Information: