Submission Deadline: October 1st 2017
The #United4Food campaign seeks to engage and empower youths in the advocacy for food security using the power of creativity and social media. You can call us food security ninjas 🙂
We have three messages we want to pass across to people. We need you, to use that healthy dose of creativity to represent these themes visually and make people go awww at the sight of the magic you have created.
You + a super creative mind capable of carrying out actions that can influence formulation and implementation of policies. Are you up to the task?
● Must be a student in a Nigerian University.
● Must have an established social media presence with an active followers.
● Must have an out-of-this world creative mind.
● Must be passionate about food security (…And you’d like to see the government formulate
policies that can support small scale farmers especially women and youth).
Entries will be accepted from students across tertiary institutions in Nigeria. Entries are required to speak to at least one of these 3 themes:
- a. Put your mouth where your Food is: SpeakUp for Farmers
Ever wondered what would happen if farmers went on an indefinite strike? No jokes. It could happen! The #Beneueflooding wreaked so much havoc on so many farms and so did other flooding across the Country! Farmers need help. But importantly, they need you to #SpeakUp for them. So? turn on your creative swag and speak for them.
- Right2Food na Right2LIFE: a Hungry Man na Angry Man
Where hunger begins, rationality ends!!! So, put on your ogbonge thinking ‘helmet’ and help draw attention to our call that NASS and the Presidency and all States Legislatures and Governors urgently make FOOD a RIGHT in Nigeria.
- More Money to Farmers, More FOOD on the TABLE. Lets Walk the Talk.
The most important restructuring we need in Nigeria is Stomach Restructuring through correct agriculture. Small scale farmers need more money and support to continue to feed us and help grow this economy. But that’s not going to happen by magic is it? Someone got to shine the light for our government to see the needful. Oya, enter the race, wear your genius lens and show us some creativity.
Your Entries should;
- creatively represent atleast one of 3 themes provided
- upload your entries on social media using our #united4Food
iii. Submit entries on competition platform: u4f.hedang.org (Hint: virality of the creatives is a plus)
How to get started
Step 1: Choose Preferred Campaign Message.
Step 2: Develop your concept.
Step 3: Upload on your preferred social media platform (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram) using
Step 4: Submit your creative on our competition platform u4f.hedang.org
Step 5: Make your creative go viral.
Prizes to be won:
● Winner becomes #United4Food Ambassador, scholarship worth N250, 000 and a laptop.
● 1st Runner up gets a scholarship worth N150, 000 and a tablet.
● 2nd Runner up gets a scholarship worth N100, 000 and a phone.
For More Information: