Application Deadline: April 30th 2019
The aim of the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship is to enable a female student from a developing country where access to tertiary education is limited to benefit from undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Durham. The scholarship has been set up as part of the celebration of 30 years of women students at Hatfield College, University of Durham, and is funded by alumni, friends of the College and other sources supportive of the scholarship’s aims.
Applicants must have applied for and been offered an unconditional place on their chosen master’s programme by the end of June 2019.
Applicants must not be in receipt of any other scholarship to fund their postgraduate studies.
Applicants must be a national of one of the following countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo, Dem. Rep
- Congo, Rep.
- Côte d’Ivoire
- El Salvador
- Gambia, The
- São Tomé and Principe
- Korea, Dem. People’s Rep.
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Micronesia, Fed. Sts.
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Yemen, Rep.
Level of study
Taught Master’s Degree programmes
Mode of study
Year of Entry
The scholarship is available for students starting a degree programme in October 2019.
All except MBA
The scholarship will cover:
- Full payment of University tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses – 12 monthly payments
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded, self-catered, mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge
One academic year
- The Scholarship does not provide funding for dependants, nor for travel during the Scholarship
- Accommodation is for the Scholarship holder only; dependants cannot be accommodated
How to apply
Stage 1: Submit an academic application for your chosen master’s programme; within this application you should reference your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship
Stage 2: Submit an application for the Scholarship on this Application form
30th April 2019
When candidates will hear the outcome of their application
For More Information: