Application Deadline: 15 February 2016
The North South Cooperation of the University of Zurich (UZH), in collaboration with the Oeuvre St.-Justin Fribourg, is awarding grants to up to three mobility students from African universities for the academic year 2016-17. The grants can be used to study one or two semesters at UZH.
Grants are only awarded if a professor at UZH guarantees supervision and has a strong interest in working with the mobility student’s home institution.
- The main applicant must be a full professor at UZH.
- The mobility student must be enrolled as a Master’s degree student or PhD student at an African institution of higher education and research during the planned stay at UZH.
- Contacts must already be established between the institute of the supervising UZH professor and the mobility student’s home institution.
- The period for students studying a full academic year at UZH is 1 September 2016 to 30 June 2017.
- The periods for students studying one semester at UZH are 1 September 2016 to 31 January 2017 and 1 February 2017 to 30 June 2017.
The grant covers the following costs:
- Travel expenses up to CHF 1,500 for a flight to and from Switzerland
- Up to CHF 400 per semester for German language classes at UZH
- Monthly allowance for living costs, study materials, and insurance:
- For students in a Master’s degree program: CHF 1400 (CHF 900 granted by the UZH North-South Cooperation; CHF 500 granted by the Oeuvre St.-Justin Fribourg)
- For PhD students: CHF 1700 (CHF 1200 granted by the UZH North-South Cooperation; CHF 500 granted by the Oeuvre St.-Justin Fribourg)
- Accommodations and breakfast are offered free of charge at Justinus Haus Zürich
- Please note: If the grant holder leaves Switzerland more than ten days before the end date of the mobility grant, the monthly allowance will be paid pro rata (e.g. if the grant holder leaves 3 weeks early, the last grant installment will only cover ¼ month).
- Applications must be submitted by an UZH professors.
- Incomplete applications and applications handed in directly by mobility students will not be considered. Please submit the completed application form and all required documents to the Coordinator North-South.
- Supervising UZH professor’s interest in collaborating with the mobility student’s home institution
- Academic achievement of the mobility student
- Motivation of the mobility student in choosing UZH
- Compatibility of the mobility student’s research project and/or study plan with the activities of the host institute
- Applications for the academic year 2016/17 must be submitted by 15 February 2016 at the Coordination Center North South.
- The decision on awarding the grants will be announced by 4 April 2016.
For More Information: