Application Deadline: 1st February 2021
The Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) has been initiated by Wageningen University & Research to give talented and motivated students from Africa the opportunity to study in Wageningen.
With this programme, Wageningen wants to support capacity building in Africa by attracting excellent students for a 2-years master’s programme.
The Africa Scholarship Programme is a scholarship based on invitation. It’s not possible to apply directly for this scholarship.
Available scholarships: 10
Application deadline for MSc programme: 1 February 2021
Start MSc programme: 1 September 2021 or February 2022
Components of the scholarship:
– Travel to and from Wageningen
– Living allowance for 2 years
– Tuition fee
– Visa costs and costs for health insurance
– Budget to visit one seminar/conference in Europe
– Participation in the ‘Reach your full potential’ programme
The competition for scholarships is very high and the chance of getting one is low. Only excellent students, who can prove that they are among the best 5% of their study cohort, will be eligible for the Africa Scholarship Programme. Considering the number of candidates, only a part of these excellent students will be invited to take part in the scholarship selection procedure(s).
The 80 percent GPA or higher is a standard we uphold. Furthermore, we require, if applicable, a First Class honours BSc graduation or equivalent. Also reference letters and achievement awards can be uploaded during the MSc admission process which may help to prove that you belong to the top 5% of your year. Also, your c.v. and statement of purpose will be assessed/evaluated.
If you do not meet our requirements of an excellent, top 5%, student you will not be eligible for the Africa Scholarship Programme.
1. You are a citizen of an African country
2. You are an excellent student with a First class honours degree or a GPA of 80% or higher in a Bachelor degree
3. You have applied for one the master’s programmes of Wageningen University & Research . For the MSc application please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme? (Non EU/EFTA)
– February 1st, 2021: Deadline to apply for an MSc programme
– March 15th, 2021: Invitation of selected candidates to take part in the further selection process (approx. 60 candidates will be selected)
– March 31st, 2021: Deadline of the assignment
– April 12th, 2021: Decision about Skype interviews communicated (approx. 20 candidates will be interviewed)
– April 19th – April 30th, 2021: Skype interviews
– May 14th, 2021: Results of the selection process communicated
For More Information: