Application Deadline: July 16th 2020
Wellcome Trust Senior Research Fellowships support independent researchers who are emerging as global leaders in their field and want to tackle the most important questions in science.
You can apply for a Senior Research Fellowship if you’re already leading your own independent research programme and you are an emerging global leader in your field.
You should have a higher degree (PhD or equivalent) and significant research experience.
You should be able to show:
- you have a track record of holding independent funding such as project, programme or fellowship support
- you have made important contributions to your area of research, for example publications, patents, software development or an impact on health policy or practice
- your work is important, original and has impact
- you have a strong rationale for needing a research fellowship rather than taking up an established post
- you’re committed to developing and mentoring less experienced researchers.
Your research proposal
All research proposals must:
- be within our science remit
- describe an innovative and ambitious programme of work
- explain the approaches that will be used to deliver that programme of work
- be distinct from activities already supported by other awards.
The fellowship may be held on a part-time basis.
The award includes:
- a basic salary (determined by your host organisation)
- a fellowship supplement of £12,500 if you’re paid on a non-clinical salary scale
- personal removal expenses
- research expenses, including research staff
For More Information: