Application Deadline: September 10 2014
Women Enhancing Technology (WeTech’s )Seed Fund for Women + Girls in Computer Science in Africa provides small grants to support civil society organizations (non-governmental agencies) and individuals to play a role in increasing the access for women and girls to computer science-related training, jobs and leadership roles.
Women Enhancing Technology (WeTech) is a consortium of dedicated partners that has joined the Institute of International Education (IIE) to design and support a series of innovative activities to provide training, build networks and offer professional opportunities.
Grants will be issued in line with the financial experience and capacity of the organization or individual. Individuals and volunteer-led or smaller organizations are invited to apply for a grant range of $2,000 to $5,000. Organizations with an annual operating budget of at least $25,000 are invited to apply for a grant range of $5,000 to $20,000.
To apply for the WeTech Seed Fund, applicants MUST meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must be a current resident of an African country (including North and Sub-Saharan Africa)
- Applicant must be an individual working independently (at least 18 years of age), or a representative of a non-governmental organization (NGO), social enterprise or educational institution based in Africa
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate previous experience conducting high-impact activities supporting women and girls in computer science or Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields
- Applicant must be committed to developing and contributing to a virtual community for WeTech Seed Fund grantees
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate leadership potential (reference letters will be required)
- Application must be submitted in English (Please note: planned activities may be conducted in ANY language)
Preference will be given to projects that demonstrate:
- A collaborative approach
- Plans for sustained engagement with women and girls involved in initial project activities
- An innovative use of technology
- Realistic plans for expansion and growth
- Volunteer-led organizations are encouraged to apply
For More Information: