Application Deadline: September 21, 2014
Twice a year, the TED Fellows program opens applications to find a new class of extraordinary thinkers and doers. Though TED target innovators aged 21 to 40, anyone over 18 years old are encouraged to apply.
The TED Fellows program is designed to bring together young world-changers and trailblazers who have shown unusual accomplishment and exceptional courage. The program targets individuals from the Asia/Pacific region, Africa, the Caribbean, Latin America and the Middle East, though anyone from anywhere in the world, age 18 and over, is welcome to apply.
Who should apply
- Instead of business people, professionals, policy wonks and government officials, the TED Fellows program focuses on doers, makers, inventors, advocates, filmmakers and photographers, musicians and artists, scientists, entrepreneurs, NGO heads, and human rights activists.
- In addition to impressive accomplishment, fine character and a good heart are two very important traits we look for in a every potential TED Fellow.
- More than anything, this focus on character has defined the success of the TED Fellows program
Benefits to Fellows
- Attendance to one TED or TEDGlobal Conference with all expenses paid (conference, travel, room and board)
- Participation in Fellows pre-conference activities
- Private social networking on TED.com
- Potential to speak on the TED Fellows or TED University stage
- Potential to have that talk posted on TED.com
- Participation in the SupporTED coaching program
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Full attendance and participation at the Conference
- Submission of a post-conference report
- Regular participation in the TED Fellows community
The application process
- 20 Fellows are chosen to attend each TED Conference.
- Email [email protected] to be reminded when applications open and include your name, title, organization, email address and country.
The selection process
- TED Fellows are selected by the program staff, with extensive reference checking and consultation with experts across all fields. Selections are made by the group as a whole, not by individuals.
- There is no algorithm for how we select our TED Fellows.
- Fellows are selected based on their accomplishments in their respective fields, the potential impact of their work and also, most importantly, their character.
- The ideal applicant is multidisciplinary in their pursuits, and is at a moment in their career to maximize the support of the TED Community.
For More Information: