Application Deadline: 01 March 2023 11:59 pm (CET)
The Humanitarian Innovation Accelerator Programme, powered by the WFP Innovation Accelerator, the Government of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, and the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC), is in search of high-impact innovative solutions that strive to solve emergency and humanitarian challenges faced by vulnerable populations and humanitarian actors.
The UN and partner organizations estimate that around US$51.5 billion will be required to assist 230 million people in need across 69 countries, which will still fall short of providing assistance to all those in need globally.
The Humanitarian Innovation Accelerator Programme aims to support technology-powered solutions addressing pressing global challenges faced in the humanitarian space. The programme will select ventures and solution providers who will receive financial, technical, and methodological support from the WFP Innovation Accelerator, and other partners. Together with the best and brightest minds globally, we will be able to ultimately improve the lives of vulnerable communities.
The Humanitarian Innovation Accelerator Programme aims to leverage new technologies, new approaches, and new partnerships to improve and reduce risks in emergency management. Vulnerable communities affected by crises are at the core of the Programme’s engagement and it is based on the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, independence, and impartiality. Through this first cohort, we are seeking innovations that enhance emergency preparedness, response, recovery, and prevention through the use of the following technologies or approaches in humanitarian contexts:
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
- Space/Satellite Technology
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Your organization must be an established legal entity (for-profit, non for profit, social business, NGO, INGO).
- The applicant organization should have a presence or willingness to build a presence in the country of implementation in the form of a country office or other permanent presence, subsidiary, long-term operations or partnerships in the country, specifically with the relevant humanitarian actors.
- Your innovation clearly addresses one or more of the priority innovation areas related to pressing global challenges faced in the humanitarian space.
- Your innovation should match the solution maturity profile for either the Scaling or Early Stage workstream in the programme.
- Your innovation should have a clear pathway to scale and a potential plan to implement during the 6- to 12-month Sprint with the available funding.
- Applicants are expected to have strong intentions to collaborate with relevant humanitarian stakeholders, build up soft links with the Luxembourgish and/or the Austrian economic sector, and connect with the innovation ecosystem of Luxembourg and Austria.
- Applications from and cooperation with NGOs are highly encouraged.
Geographies of Interest
Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Uganda, Mozambique, Bhutan, Cabo Verde, Kosovo, Albania, Moldova, Georgia, Laos, Niger, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Iraq, Jordan, Yemen, Afghanistan, Tunisia, Armenia, Palestine, Somalia, South Sudan, Mali, Senegal and Ukraine.
- To submit your application, please fill in the Application Form before 01 March 2023 11:59 pm (CET).
- Or, if you know a relevant venture or solution for us to consider for this programme, please let us know by filling out this Referral Submission Form.
- We will review and select successful applications to participate in a fully virtual WFP Innovation Bootcamp in June 2023. While we value all applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted applicants.
- Interested, but don’t feel your idea is ready yet? Don’t let this stop you! You can still send your application as we are creating a pool of solutions with a focus on solving emergency and humanitarian challenges. This pool of solutions could be invited for future programmes.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the WFP Humanitarian Innovation Accelerator Program 2023