Application Deadline: October 6, 2023, by 11:59 pm in your time zone.
The Leadership Journeys are 12-month, fully-funded programs for participants to explore their authentic leadership through vulnerability and reflection, build an inclusive and diverse network which fosters a strong sense of belonging, learn and practice tools and strategies for enhancing their voice, presence, and influence – while being supported by a powerful group of peers, mentors, and coaches. Both Journeys impart contextualized tools & frameworks to address the individual, organizational, and societal challenges that women leaders in global health face today.
The Signature Leadership Journey is a transformational learning and development experience that brings together mid to senior career women working across multiple disciplines, fields, and sectors in health. This Journey is aimed at creating the mindset shift needed to solve complex challenges that we are facing in global public health today.
The 2024 East Africa Leadership Journey will take place from February 2024-March 2025. Before applying, please check the dates and timing of the sessions to ensure that you would be able to attend all touchpoints. All touchpoints are mandatory to attend aside from the JourneyPLUS events. The in-person residences involving travel include the 3-day Immersion (4-6 June, 2024) in Nairobi, Kenya and the 2-day Lift-Off (25 & 26 February, 2024), in Kigali, Rwanda.
You are eligible for consideration if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Identify as a woman
- Work in a role that focuses on public health policy, practice, and/or research (your work and partnerships serve populations at the national level in your country of residence or East Africa regional level and may include practicing public health in hospitals and health centers, producing research and innovation, creating or implementing policy, and managing teams/departments or projects/grants.)
- Mid-Career Leader: Possess sufficient years (10 – 20 years) of experience in public health
- Reside and work within Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, South Sudan or Tanzania
- Must be a national of one of the five countries
- Possess fluency and ease in written and verbal communication in English to express the next level of emotional processing required for the Journey
Commitment and Expectations
- The time commitment for the required Leadership Journey activities (all virtual touchpoints and inter-session activities) ranges from between 8 to 10 hours each month, with the exception of the months of the in-person residencies. This estimate does not include the time required for the design, planning, and implementation phases of your Leadership Project, so please consider that in your decision to participate in the program.
- There is no cost to participate if you are selected. All program costs, including travel and lodging, are covered.
- Please ensure you have access to a computer and Internet in order to attend the virtual touchpoints. Proficiency in English is expected as all sessions will be conducted in English.
- Open Application Period: Application period closes on October 6, 2023 by 11:59pm in your time zone.
- Notification Period: We will notify applicants of their acceptance status in early December 2023.
- Acceptance & Pre-Orientation Period: The 30 accepted candidates will be asked to confirm their participation by late January 2024, after which we will begin pre-Journey onboarding.
- Leadership Journey Launch: Orientation commences the week of March 5, 2024.
For More Information: