Submission Deadline: Friday, January 6, 2017 at 12:00 CET.
The annual photo contest rewards photographers for the best single exposure pictures contributing to the past year of visual journalism.
The contest is organized into categories, and judged by a jury comprising leading photojournalism professionals.
- The World Press Photo contest is only open to professional photographers
- The photographer(s) must be the author(s) of the pictures submitted in his/her/their name.
- The photographer(s), or the agent or representative entering on their behalf, must be the copyright holder(s) or have been authorized by the copyright holder(s) to submit the pictures.
- A picture can only be entered once, either as a single picture or as part of a story, or as part of a body of work in Long-Term Projects. Pictures submitted more than once will be removed from the contest.
- Pictures can be submitted whether or not they have been published.
- Pictures must meet the following specifications:
- Must be uploaded in .jpeg/.jpg format.
- Should be saved with a medium to high quality.
- Should be at least 3,000 pixels in length.
- Should have an embedded ICC profile. Adobe RGB or sRGB is recommended for color pictures, Gamma 2.2 for black and white. No CMYK.
- The prize-winning photographs are assembled into an exhibition that travels to 45 countries and is seen by more than 4 million people each year.
- The winning pictures are also published in the yearbook, which is available in multiple languages, and can be purchased in the store.
- All award winners are brought to Amsterdam in April to receive their prize during the World Press Photo Festival of Visual Journalism, a two-day event featuring photographer presentations, screenings, talks, and the Awards Ceremony.
- 1 December 2016: The contest website opens for entries.
- 6 January 2017: Registration for the contest website closes. All entrants must register by this deadline.
- 11 January 2017: The contest website closes for entries and judging begins.
- 13 February 2017: Winners are announced.
- 20-22 April 2017: All winners are invited to the World Press Photo Festival of Visual Journalism in Amsterdam.
For More Information: