The received-by deadline for all submissions is January 30, 2015.
The Sidney Hillman Foundation is now accepting entries for the 2015 Hillman Prizes which honor investigative journalism and commentary in the public interest. Winners exemplify resourcefulness and courage in reporting, skilled storytelling, social impact and relevance to the ideals of Sidney Hillman.
- The contest is open to journalists and subjects globally, although work must have been intended for and widely accessible to a U.S. audience. You may nominate your own work or someone else’s.
- There is no submission fee.
2015 categories are as follows:
1. Book (bound volumes and ebooks)
2. Newspaper Journalism (story or series/in print or online)
3. Magazine Journalism (story or series/in print or online)
4. Broadcast Journalism (story or series/at least 20 minutes in total package length) Open to television, web TV, radio, podcast, and documentary film.
5. Web Journalism (publication/story or series/multimedia) Open to blogs, photojournalism, computer-assisted reporting, new investigative tools, mapping, crowd sourcing, and other multimedia projects. Entries should feature both text and visual components.
6. Opinion & Analysis Journalism (any medium) Includes all types of advocacy, opinion, commentary and analysis, normally short-form and/or frequent, regardless of medium. Open to newspaper and magazine columnists, TV and radio presenters, podcasters, blogs, and bloggers.
- Winners will be announced in April 2015. Winners are awarded travel to New York City to receive a $5,000 prize and a certificate at our awards ceremony and cocktail reception to be held Tuesday May 5, 2015.
For More Information: