Submission Deadline: August 20 2014
Cotton made in Africa (CmiA), Inter Region Economic Network (IREN) and the African Fashion trend agency FA254 have set up an African design contest to rebrand the African Fashion and Textile scene. Young African Fashion designers are invited to submit their portfolios to FA254. After being chosen by an international jury chaired by Vogue Germany chief editor Christiane Arp the winner will have the possibility to present the collection during the Berlin Fashion Week 2015 and to produce their product with internationally renowned fashion companies.
The competition is open to all Africans based in Kenya. FA254 is looking for the best creative minds in Apparel, Accessories and Home Decoration categories.
From now until August 20, young African designers based are encouraged to submit a portfolio of their work to FA254′s official website to have the chance to take their work to the next level. Ten nominees will be chosen from the submitted portfolios under various categories namely Apparel, Accessories and Home Decoration. After a three months training program (October – December 2014) the nominees will be required to offer improved designs.
An international jury chaired by Vogue Germany chief editor Christiane Arp will then select the best design in each category in January 2015. The category nominees will have the opportunity to produce their product with internationally renowned fashion companies. Additionally, the overall winner will have the chance to present the collection during the Berlin Fashion Week 2015.
FA254 was founded in 2013 by Waridi Schrobsdorff, a former Kenyan top model. With FA254 she aims to discover and promote new talents in order to rebrand Africa through young and creative minds. Schrobsdorff has been in the fashion business in the European market for years.
- The winner of the ADFT 2014 award would have the opportunity to present his/her collection in the 2015 Berlin Fashion week, an amazing opportunity for any rising talent to get to meet the people that can boost their career, besides showing their work in an international fashion event.
- In the time prior time to the 2015 fashion week the winner will have the opportunity to produce an entire collection with the advice of professionals for each of the project developing stages.
- There will be three category winners (Apparel, Accessories, Home Decoration) Each of the category winners will have the opportunity to develop and produce their product With an e-comerce international platform (Ebay, Urbanara and monoqi)
- 5 day international fashion seminar
- 2 Month mentoring production program
- Exhibition at Swiss embassy in Nairobi
- 1 year consultation program from FA254
- Book compilation of the designers work and collections
- The competition is open to all Africans based in Kenya.
- FA254 is looking for the best creative minds in Apparel, Accessories and Home Decoration categories.
- To participate, please fill out the application form and send pictures of your collection or portfolio.
- You will later have the opportunity to present your products (if available) during an open casting session in Nairobi.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 20 AUGUST 2014
OPEN CASTING NAIROBI ACCESSORIES 25 AUGUST 2014
OPEN CASTING NAIROBI APPAREL AND HOME DECORATION 26 AUGUST 2014
FINALISTS AND WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT 15 SEPTEMBER 2014