Application Deadline: June 30th 2017
World Youth Alliance (WYA) Africa opens the 2017 search for a passionate, committed, and dedicated WYA member from Africa who will represent WYA Africa in the first batch of WYA Global Internship Program (January-April, 2018) and 15th International Solidarity Forum (March 2018) in New York City.
- Successful completion of WYA’s Certified Training Program and Regional Internship Program in the WYA Africa regional office in Nairobi, Kenya are prerequisites to apply.
The chosen WYA member will receive the Vanessa Cherese Scholarship which includes:
- 3-month project management and advocacy training at the WYA Headquarters in New York
- Opportunity to represent the WYA Africa region in the International Solidarity Forum
- Roundtrip economy class flight tickets from the airport of departure to New York, USA
- Shared room accommodations with facilities in New York (a value of approximately $4,500)
Further financial support during the internship can be granted on a case-to-case basis. The selected member is responsible for expenses related to visa application and local transportation from his or her province to the airport of departure.
WYAA is looking for leaders with a strong desire to protect and promote human dignity while making a positive impact on society. A successful candidate will been proactive, self-driven, resourceful, detail-oriented and humble individuals with the willingness to learn; if you possess these qualities, if you’re looking to make a difference, apply today.
Please attach the following:
- Cover Letter addressed to the WYA Africa Regional Director
- Your Curriculum Vitae or Resumé (max of 3 pages) with your ID (1X1) picture.
- Three (3) recommendation letters. These may also come from your references. Letters should be addressed to the Regional Director, 1 (one) of them is to certify the need for a stipend for the internship program.
- One (1) photocopy of at least 2 National Identification Documents
- One (1) photocopy of passport (it should be valid until August 2018)
- One (1) original copy of Academic Certificates certified by your university
- One (1) certified copy of a Certificate of Good Conduct or equivalent from Local Authorities in your country of residence
- Proof of successful completion of the Certified Training Program (formerly Track A), which can be a certificate or official email from the regional office.
How to Apply;
- Download an application form and list of requirements.
- Applicants should submit their completed application requirements to [email protected] with a subject 2018WYAASearch_LastName on or before June 30, 2017.
For More Information: