Application Deadline: September 15 2014
The WZB, in cooperation with the ISSC, invites applications for one early-career scientist (Post- Doctoral researcher with no more than 5 years’ work experience after their PhD or scientists without a PhD but with an equivalent level of research experience and output) residing and working in a developing country to conduct research for up to six months at the WZB.
Through their Global Fellowship Programme, the WZB and the ISSC aim at contributing to building a new generation of outstanding social scientists in developing countries who are willing and able to contribute to solving current global problems.
The WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship Programme enables an outstanding early-career social scientist from a developing country to spend four to six months in the exciting and stimulating environment of an exceptional social science research organisation in the heart of Germany.
Besides allowing the Fellow to focus entirely on a dedicated research project, he/she is invited to participate in the intellectual life at the WZB. The Fellow will also become a member of the network of early career scientists the ISSC is building with its
World Social Science Fellows programme.
- The WZB offers a grant for up to six months at a level commensurate with a German Post-Doctoral researcher, as well as a contribution to local accommodation (up to 500 EUR per month).
- Economy travel costs to and from Berlin will be reimbursed according to the German Federal Travel Expenses Regulations.
- The selected Fellow will also receive support to participate in the World Social Science Forum 2015.
While in residence, the selected fellow is required to:
- Conduct a public lecture or an academic seminar at the WZB
- Write a report outlining a vision of his/her research field with relevance to developing countries in the 5 to 10 years to come
- Write or contribute towards a paper that can be presented at the World Social Science Forum 2015, to take place from 13 to16 September 2015 in Durban, South Africa.
Candidates should present:
- A Letter of Motivation.
- A summary of their main research and teaching contributions
- Two letters of recommendation from current or past senior colleagues
- A curriculum vitae, including information on education, publication in research projects and networks, teaching experience, awards and prizes received and other pertinent experiences.
All information should be submitted electronically, preferably in one PDF document, to:[email protected].