Application Deadline: Thursday, December 31, 2015 at midnight (CST).
The Yenching Global Symposium is hosted by the Yenching Academy at Peking University, Beijing, China. The inaugural Yenching Global Symposium will take place on the dates March 24-26, 2016. Most delegates will arrive the day before, on March 23rd.
There will be 192 delegates at the Yenching Global Symposium. They will be composed of 48 international delegates, 96 Yenching Scholars, and 48 graduate students enrolled at Peking University.
Yenching Global Symposium (YGS) will bring together people from different fields and across generations with a common interest: China. The three-day event will comprise engaging lectures, panel discussions, and interactive sessions about China’s impact on the world and the influence that the world has on China. It will feature prominent Chinese and international scholars, along with leading professionals from a wide range of fields.
- To apply, delegates must be under 30 years old. Delegates can be young professionals or graduate students (post-graduate / Master’s degree and higher).
- YGS are recruiting a diverse group of delegates from around the world from different disciplines.
- YGS are looking for enthusiasm and motivation for the Symposium’s vision as well as a strong, demonstrated interest in China.
Yenching Global Symposium offer ambitious graduate students and young professionals from around the world the opportunity to come to China and be inspired by:
- a diverse body of global scholars from leading universities,
- innovation leaders, sharing their passion for social entrepreneurship,
- speakers from renowned universities, enterprises, and international organisations.
The Symposium is a platform for connecting leaders on China, across generations and between disciplines. It will help connect you with inspiring, likeminded individuals — peers — as well as leading experts who share your interest in China. These interactions will take place at Peking University, one of China’s top universities.
As a delegate, you will also have the opportunity to inspire others through individual contributions to the Symposium: research poster presentations, sharing your experiences with social entrepreneurship, participation in debates, etc.
YGS provide you with return flights, accommodation, and meals for the duration of the Symposium.
- Global Scholars: Graduate or postgraduate students (Master’s level or higher) in any field of study at a university. Students must be under 30 years old with a strong demonstrated interest in China;
- Innovation Leaders: Young professionals under 30 years of age with a strong demonstrated interest in China and demonstrated leadership skills;
- Peking University graduate students: Graduate or postgraduate students (Master’s level or higher) in any field of study at PKU. Students should be under 30 years old, be fluent in English, and have a demonstrated interest in China’s interactions with the world.
For More Information: