Application Deadline: September 2nd 2020
Samsung Engineering jointly with United Nations EnvironmentProgramme would like to launch “The 13th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition” inviting youth all over the world to raise awareness on the theme of the upcoming World Environment Day – Time for Nature.
As many of you know, World Environment Day is the United Nations flagship day for encouraging worldwide awareness and action to protect our environment. Since it began in 1974, the event has grown to become a global platform for public outreach that is widely celebrated in over 100 countries.
To commemorate WED and its annual theme, Eco-generation would like to celebrate the bigger and better WED than ever and to call on Tunza Eco-generation members around the world to show their will to act for #Nature for our future generations by writing an essay.
It also aims to collect inspiring and creative ideas about the ways to reverse biodiversity loss by requiring us to think about various reasons why maintaining a healthy biodiversity is important for us and our future generations.
• Eligibility: Tunza Eco-generation members aged between 14 to 24
• Theme: Inspiring and creative stories on why we should reverse biodiversity loss with regards to its causes, effects, and consequences.
– Submission deadline: 2nd September, 2020
– Result announcement: November, 2020 (TBD)
• Submission: Tunza Eco-generation Website/Egen Event/Monthly Event/
Click the Application form tab and write about ‘your motivation to join the competition’ (50 words max) in the ‘Content’ box and attach your essay file in the attachments column and then click ‘Submit.’
• Prize details
|UN EnvironmentProgramme Prize||1||e-Certificate & Samsung Tab S|
|Samsung Engineering Prize||2||e-Certificate & Samsung Tab A|
|Eco-generation Prize||3||e-Certificate & Eco-generationSouvenirs & Books|
– No offline or online ceremonies will be held.
– In order to reduce carbon footprint, E-certificates will be issued.
– Electronic goods can only be delivered to regions with DHL coverability.
• No entry fee is required.
• All entries must be original works, in English.
• Each entrant may submit only one essay.
• All entries are final. No revisions are accepted.
• Plagiarism and off topic will result in disqualification.
• Entries should not have been previously published in other professional media.
• Entries must be from 800 to 1000 words in length. This does not include referencing such as footnotes and bibliography.
• Entrants must first register at Tunza.eco-generation.org in order to submit their essay online.
• All entries must be double spaced in Times New Roman 12pt, with numbered pages in one of the following formats. All other formats will be disqualified.
– MS Word
– Word Perfect
• The personal information in the entry must be correct. If the competition winner is not reachable due to wrong information (contact number, address and etc.) the prize will be canceled and be automatically given to the next runner-up.
• The decisions of the judges are final and are entirely their own and in no part represents the opinion of Samsung Engineering.
• At the discretion of the judges, all well-written essays may be published on the relevant Websites.
• Samsung Engineering and UN Environment Programme reserve First Serial Rights on all submissions. All other rights to the essay remain in the property of the author.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 13th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition
[…] Previous articleSamsung Engineering/ UN Environment 13th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition 2020 […]
[…] articleSamsung Engineering/ UN Environment 13th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition 2020 Next articleInnovate Now Cohort 2.0: Africa’s Assistive Technology Innovation […]