The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic.
The Czech Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study:
1) in Bachelor/Master/Doctoral study programmes plus one-year preparatory course of the Czech language (which is combined with other field-specific training). Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from upper secondary schools, or Bachelor’s/Master’s degree courses, as applicable, who can enrol only in study programmes in which instruction is given in the Czech language. Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to sit entrance examinations at the higher education institution concerned. Successful passing of entrance examinations constitutes a precondition for the scholarship award;
2) in follow-up Master study programmes or Doctoral study programmes. Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enrol in study programmes with instruction in the English language.
Applicants from the following African Countries can Apply: Egypt,Ethiopia,Guinea,Libya,Rwanda,Tunisia,Zambia,Zimbabwe.
Study Areas Available in English:
follow-up master study programme Economics, Institute of Economic Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University in Prague (http://ies.fsv.cuni.cz/cs/node/47);
doctoral study programme Economic Theories, Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education, Charles University in Prague (http://www.cerge-ei.cz/phd-program/the-phd-program);
follow-up master study programme Informatics, Faculty of Economics and Management, Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague (http://www.pef.czu.cz/cs/?r=4055&i=1176 );
follow-up master study programme Information Management, Faculty of Informatics and Management, University of Hradec Králové (http://www.uhk.cz/en-us/studium/studies-in-english/degree-programmes/master-degree-programmes/Pages/default.aspx);
follow-up master study programme Natural Resources and Enviroment, Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources, Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague (http://www.af.czu.cz/en/?r=1291&i=1859 );
follow-up master study programme Forestry, Water and Landscape Management, Faculty of Forestry and Wood Sciences, Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague (http://www.fld.czu.cz/cs/?r=3461&i=3535);
follow-up master study programme Technology and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague (http://akreditaceaj.tf.czu.cz/plans.htm );
doctoral study programme Chemistry (Agriculture Chemistry), Faculty of Agronomy, Mendel University in Brno (http://www.af.mendelu.cz/en/studium/doktorske?lang=en;tag=67).
Scholarship applications can only be filed on-line. The scholarship application form is available at: http://registr.dzs.cz/registr.nsf
Foreign nationals who have been granted permanent residence in the Czech Republic are not eligible to apply for the Government scholarships.
A limited number of scholarships is offered also to students from the developing countries who file their applications with the respective National UNESCO Commissions (the scholarship application form is available at: http://registr.dzs.cz/registr.nsf and needs to be printed). For contact information on individual local offices see http://www.unesco.org/ (and search under the heading Communities, National Commissions).
Prospective applicants are advised to address their inquiries concerning, among others, their eligibility and closing date for applications to the Czech Embassies in their countries.
Detailed information on the terms and conditions of scholarship awards is provided in the binding “Guidelines for Granting Scholarships of the Government of the Czech Republic”, issued in Czech, English and Spanish (click below to download in the PDF format):
- http://registr.dzs.cz/registr.nsf/CZdispozice2012.pdf (Czech);
- http://registr.dzs.cz/registr.nsf/ENdispozice2012.pdf (English);
- http://registr.dzs.cz/registr.nsf/ESPdispozice2012.pdf (Spanish).
Prospective applicants are advised to peruse the guidelines before applying.
Application Deadline: December 31st 2012.