Application Deadline: 30 April 2014
What: A 24-month conservation management immersion program for highly qualified recent master’s degree graduates.
Organizer: African Wildlife Conservation
The CMTP acts as a real-world think tank for the future leaders of African conservation. Once candidates are selected, they will embark on a two-year journey across the African continent with many of AWF’s greatest thought leaders and scientists.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
•Candidate is a recent master’s degree graduate (within the last three years of the CMTP start date) with studies focused on conservation science, environmental economics and policy, climate change, social entrepreneurship, conservation program design, and other related fields.
• Candidate must have at least one year experience working on African conservation issues with a serious and proven dedication to Africa and AWF’s mission.
• Candidate will have superb written and oral skills. Fluency in English is required; fluency in French is a great advantage. Familiarity with other languages relevant to work in Africa (e.g., IsiZulu, Kiswahili, Maa, Fon, etc.) is also a major plus.
• Candidate must be willing to relocate to Nairobi, Kenya, and proceed to at least one long-term assignment at an AWF project site during the tenure of the program.
• Candidate must be a team player with high energy, a willingness to learn, and a drive to succeed, and must be able to work with ease within challenging and culturally diverse environments
CMTP is an intensive program that requires a long-term commitment by participants. In addition to invaluable training and experience, AWF will offer the following:
• One round-trip economy class air ticket between participant’s home city and Nairobi;
• Conveniently located housing in Nairobi for use while stationed at AWF’s HQ;
• Provided housing (appropriate to station location) while stationed in an AWF landscape;
• Laptop computer for use while participating in CMTP (to remain the property of AWF);
• US$2,000 per month stipend; and
• Individual medical coverage
For More Information: