Application Deadline: Ist of September 2014
The Joke Waller-Hunter (JWH) Initiative creates opportunities for young people in the environmental sector in developing countries to unfold their full potential. By giving small grants to individuals to expand their knowledge, experience and training, the Initiative aims to strengthen environmental Civil Society Organisations capacity and efficiency.
- Young people who work or are affiliated with environmental Civil Society Organization’s in developing countries and emerging economies who have shown potential for and interest in further developing their leadership.
- Candidates can come from anywhere except from ‘advanced economies’.
- The definition of ‘young’ is not linked to a concrete age limit. However, preference will be given to young women and men under 35 of age.
The candidates should have proof of an excellent track record in:
- fully embracing the idea of sustainable development;
- a strong background in working on environmental and sustainable development issues;
- showing potential and ambition towards becoming a leader in her/his field of work, such as being inspirational and a support to others, working with communities, being innovative and creative;
- committed to work on environmental and sustainable development issues in their country/region.
- The candidate should be willing and have the potential to report on the development of their leadership capacities.
The following categories of grants are available per round:
- 10x 2.500 Euro
- 4x 5.000 Euro
- 2x 7.000 Euro
- Download and Fill Out Nomination Form
- Send it together with CV and a picture of the candidate to Eva Schmitz to [email protected].
- Self-nominations will not be accepted
For More Information: