Application Deadline: April 8 2014
The SEED Awards for Entrepreneurs in Sustainable Development is an annual awards scheme designed to find the most promising, innovative and locally led start-up social and environmental entrepreneurs in countries with developing and emerging economies.
- SEED welcomes innovative ideas from any enterprise in a developing country or country in transition, which is working in partnership with others to generate economic, environmental and social benefits.
- Demonstrate Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Deliver Economic, Social and Environmental Benefits
- Intention and potential to become financially sustainable
- A partnership between different stakeholder groups
- Locally Driven or Locally Led
- Potential for Scale Up or Significant replication
- In the early stages of implementation
- In a country with a developing or emerging economy
In 2014 up to 55 SEED Awards are made available:
- 30 SEED Africa Awards for enterprises in Ethiopia, Malawi, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Tanzania and Uganda;
- 12 SEED South Africa Awards for enterprises in South Africa, four of which to enterprises in the provinces of Free State, Limpopo and KwaZulu Natal;
- 10 SEED Low Carbon Awards for enterprises in Colombia, India, Tanzania, Uganda and Viet Nam;
- 3 SEED Gender Equality Awards, for enterprises in other countries (except countries that are OECD or EU members).
For More Information: