Application Deadline: 30th May 2014,
The Competition is open to African professional journalists, whether directly employed or freelancers, working in the continent of Africa who have produced a story which has been made available as a printed publication or broadcast through an electronic medium (television; radio or digital platform) whose primary audience are based in Africa
How to Enter
- English, French and Portuguese entries are to be submitted using the online entry form (www.cnnmcaja.cnn.com/).
- You can only enter a maximum of 2 stories across all categories. Please carefully review your work of 2013 and enter your best story/stories in the most suitable category. You may enter a maximum of 2 stories, either both into a single category or 1 each into different categories.
- Fill in all the details requested on the entry form and upload all requested information.
- Ensure you upload a copy of your up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and any background information on your entry/entries, that you feel relevant.
- All story materials must be submitted in electronic format:
a) Print – Please include the PDF scan(s) of the published article. The text of the article must be legible. Maximum file size: 5 MB – Allowed format: PDF only.
b) Radio – Upload the SoundCloud link (SoundCloud is an online audio distribution platform that enables its users to upload and share their originally-created sounds).
c) Digital – Working weblink (url) (screenshots of websites are not accepted)
d) Photo – Upload the photo(s) as well as a scan(s) of where the photo(s) was (were) published. Maximum file size: 10 MB – Allowed extensions: png gif jpg jpeg.
e) TV Material – Upload the YouTube link (YouTube is a video sharing platform).
The journalists selected by our panel of judges will enjoy an all-expenses paid finalists’ programme of networking activities and workshops, culminating in the Gala Awards Ceremony. Each finalist will receive a cash prize, with each category winner also receiving a laptop computer and printer.
The CNN MultiChoice African Journalist 2014 Award winner will be selected from the category winners and will receive an additional cash prize and will have the opportunity to participate in the CNN Journalism Fellowship at CNN Headquarters in Atlanta.
For More Information: