Submission Deadline: June 15 2015
What: 2015 PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival
Whom: Young people up to 25 years old are invited to submit short videos of five minutes maximum in length.
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) again invite the world’s youth to submit original and creative videos focusing on PLURAL+ themes: migration, diversity and social inclusion.
Recognizing youth as powerful agents of social change in a world often characterized by intolerance, and cultural and religious divisions, PLURAL+ invites youth to address key challenges related to migrant integration, inclusiveness, identity, diversity, human rights and social cohesiveness, both at local and global levels.
PLURAL + is a youth-produced video festival on migration, diversity and social inclusion, emphasizing the power of intercultural dialogue and youth expression to effect meaningful change. PLURAL + is a joint initiative between the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations and the International Organization for Migration, with a network of over 50 partner organizations, who support the creative efforts of young people and distribute their videos worldwide.
- Entrants to PLURAL+ must be between the ages of 9-25.
- People appearing in the video do not have to be youth. However the videos must reflect the youth’s opinions or reflections about migration, diversity and social inclusion.
- Multiple youth may work together to make one video, as long as all members of the group are between the ages of 9-25.
- Other people involved in the making of the video (e.g. educators, teachers, instructors, etc.) might be over 25 as long as their creative role is minimal (group coordination, technical support, renting equipment, etc.)
- If multiple youth work together on one video then the video will be judged in the age category of the eldest youth.
- Immediate family members (siblings, children and grandchildren) of jurors for the PLURAL+ Video Festival are not eligible to enter the Video Festival.
Prizes & Awards
- The PLURAL+ JURY AWARD prizes will be awarded in three (3) age-based categories:
- up to 12 years old
- 13 to 17 years old
- 18 to 25 years old
- The PLURAL+ Jury Awards will be awarded to one entrant per category and will be selected by an independent international jury.
- The 3 winners of the PLURAL+ JURY AWARD will each receive US$1,000.
- One representative of each PLURAL+ International Jury Award winner will be invited to New York, all travel expenses paid, to present their work at the PLURAL+ 2015 Awards Ceremony at the Paley Center for Media in December 2015.
- Additional awards will be given by collaborating partner agencies and may include equipment or professional opportunities. See all partner awards here.
- Winning videos will receive broad recognition and exposure through wide multi-platform distribution of their work, including broadcast, satellite, internet, film festivals and DVD.
- Winning entrants will be notified no later than 26 October, 2015.
- A prestigious international jury will announce the winners in New York during an event hosted at the Paley Center for Media early in December 2015 in New York.
- Preferably all videos should be submitted as a file (preferably as “.mov”) via a file hosting website like dropbox.com, WeTransfer, etc. Or the entrant can mail a DVD of the video entry to PLURAL+ mailing address.
- Videos that are not in English must have English subtitles.
- All videos must be 5 minutes maximum of running time, including title and end credits.
For More Information: