The e-nnovation Youth Empowerment Programme (eYEP) is a programme where the young people and graduates between 18-29 years are in invited to submit feasible business proposals in the Information and Communication Technology and Science and Technology sectors. Interested teams and individuals are encouraged to submit and present business concepts that are unique yet beneficial to society in the long term.
There will be a substantial focus on creativity, innovation, social responsibility and sustainability
of the project.
As the department wants to encourage innovation, creativity and uniqueness the business proposal with but not limited to the following as core services or products will not be considered:
- Internet cafe
- Secretarial Services
- Computer Hardware and Software retail
- Local Area Network
- Graphics design and printing focused on Corporate Identity (Logo’s etc)
- Advertising and promotional material(posters, t-shirts)
The Programme ceiling shall be P145000.00.
- Funding shall be 100% grant.
- Beneficiaries shall benefit once under the Programme. The expectation is that they have to graduate and utilise other financial intermediaries to expand and grow their establishments.
- Youth who benefitted from the Out-of-School Youth Grant, Financial Assistance Programme (FAP), KBL Kickstart and Citizen Entrepreneurial Development Agency shall not be eligible to be funded under this fund.
- Assistance is available to individuals and companies who meet the following criteria:
- Batswana aged 18-29 years
- Unemployed Youth
- Underemployed youth
- Proof of relevant experience or qualifications in Science and Technology and/orInformation and Communications Technologies by the applicant(s) or potential employees
- A legally registered business/company that is owned by young citizens.
- All projects should be conceptualised, initiated and implemented by eligible youth(s).
- Proposals for funding should provide a clear path of employing other unemployed youth.
- The applicant should possess relevant knowledge and or experience, in skills the proposed technology field.
- Project proposals should be accompanied by the following documents:
A copy of valid certificate of business name/ company registration
Three (3) quotations from 3 different companies/suppliers.
A copy of valid license of operation (where applicable).
Certified copies of valid Omang of all project members.
A letter of intent to lease or lease agreement in cases of operating businesses or proof of ownership thereof.
Curriculum Vitae of all members.
Certified copies of vocational and or academic certificates
Copy of partnership deed or group constitution or memorandum and articles of association (where applicable)
Certificates of business registration and shareholder’s certificate should show all names of members.
Submissions will be made through email. The submission address is [email protected]
Certificates, quotations and other relevant documents are to be scanned, and all documents should be in PDF format
For More Information: