Application Deadline: 19th August, 2022
Climate Tracker is looking for 10 journalists to join this team, working on publishing stories in their local media as well as through Climate Tracker. As an in-person fellow, we’ll be covering the full cost of your travel, accommodation, stipend, and giving you 1 month of pre-COP27 online training!
The world is already turning its gaze to the city of Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, where the UN Climate Negotiations will be taking place this year, from 7-18 November 2022. This conference could be a chance to turn the Glasgow outcome into action, through the implementation of climate change adaptation, mitigation, and financial strategies.
Once selected, we will get the ball rolling really quickly! Here’s a taste of what you’ll be jumping straight into:
- Publishing pre-COP27, during COP27, and after the negotiations have ended
- Participating in all training sessions on the climate negotiations
- Providing updates and relevant information on the proceedings to the global team of 12 online reporters also covering COP27
Not only is this a great opportunity to build your network around the world and engage with journalists beyond your country/region, it’s a fantastic chance to gain hands-on experience at the largest climate negotiation sessions in the world.
- Are willing and able to pitch and publish stories in your national media
- Have a willingness to learn about climate politics
- Have a good wifi connection
- Can engage in some English-based trainings (though mentoring, publishing and individual training will be multilingual)
- Are from or living in a developing country
- Are keen to join the Climate Tracker family
If selected for this online opportunity, you’ll be expected to attend our training sessions and publish 3 COP27 stories (1 before the conference starts and 2 during the conference)
Ideal candidates will…
- Be 18-35 years old
- Have at least 1 year of journalism experience
- Have a hunger to improve as a journalist
- Have a proven history of writing quality climate stories (show that you’ve published a climate or environmental story in the past 3 months)
- €250 stipend
- 1 month of pre-COP27 online training in the lead up to the conference
- Small group and individual mentoring throughout COP27
- Support to edit and pitch your stories throughout COP27
- Opportunities to work on collaborative stories with other reporters from around your region, and the world
- Global publicity!
For More Information: