Application Deadline: May 28th 2014
The Commonwealth Business & Arts in the Community (CBAC) will hold its first Commonwealth Youth Enterprise Forum focusing on the Commonwealth Theme 2014, “Team Commonwealth”, with a focus on the Sports, Creative Arts, Media and Tourism sectors.
The Commonwealth Youth Enterprise Forum will be held five times a year. Each forum will be centred on the annual Commonwealth Theme and will cover a variety of different sectors. The Youth Enterprise Forums will be timed and geographically situated to coincide with major Commonwealth events and to be relevant to Ministerial meetings in any of the 53 countries of The Commonwealth.
The Forum will create an environment where it is possible to explore new methods of raising finance, new approaches to doing business and to forge relationships between the youth of Commonwealth member states that will stand the test of time over many years to come. Today’s entrepreneurial youth are tomorrow’s business leaders and to that end the CBAC Youth Enterprise Forums will assist them in becoming leaders who will make the Commonwealth an economic community that is stronger and safer for all of its citizens.
The Commonwealth Youth Council is calling for nomination of young participants to this forum. Two representatives from each Commonwealth country. National Youth-led organizations are advised to nominate participants by sending an email to [email protected] with the Heading “CBAC Youth Enterprise Forum Nomination”.
Who will attend?
- You need to be under 35 years, and your organisation should be a member of, or affiliated to the Commonwealth Youth Council. Young people – from businesses, National Youth Councils, Students Unions, policy makers, employability skills providers, leaders from the education and public sector, academics, NGOs, young activists and leaders.
How to apply?
Criteria and selection:
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel of highly qualified, independent judges representing successful entrepreneurs, investors and business leaders.
- The program judges reviewing the applications and selecting the participants will be looking for young people with the conviction, tenacity, plan and overall professional acumen to take a high-potential business and scale it into a market leader.
- Applicants are expected to demonstrate qualities needed to take full advantage of this opportunity, including the level of business sophistication needed to interact effectively with other business leaders attending the Youth Forum.
- Please provide copies of the following documents where applicable (please do not send original copies)
Completed nomination form
• Copy of the nominee’s CV
• Passport-sized photo of nominee
- • A letter of endorsement on letter-headed paper, signed and stamped by the National Youth Council or a registered and recognised youth-leg organisation.
- • Please submit nominations via email to: [email protected]
Gender representation is highly recommended. Attendance to the Commonwealth Youth Enterprise Forum is at no charge to the delegates but they will have to cover their travel cost, accommodation and local running . If visas are required to enter the UK, a standard short-term visitors visas will be sufficient. An invitation letter will be sent to the nominated participants.
For More Information: