Application Deadline: 12 September 2022
Launched in 2016, GPS seeks to support art professionals from across South Africa who collaborate with cultural or public spaces and engage with the people in the areas where these spaces are located. The grant is a multidisciplinary roving project designed to support work realised all over the country – ranging from workshops to exhibitions, events and performances, including music, dance, visual art, literature, film and theatre projects.
The Goethe-Institut set up this grant in 2016 to support art professionals from across South Africa who collaborate with cultural or public spaces and engage with the people in the areas where these spaces are located.
The Goethe-Institut in Johannesburg calls for proposals for the 2023 edition of the Goethe-Institut Project Space (GPS), a multi-disciplinary support programme for artists and art initiatives living and working in South Africa. The programme supports artistic work realised in any part of South Africa.
GPS aims to foster collaborations between art professionals and community spaces that can take the form of workshops or exhibitions, performances or events of any artistic discipline including visual arts, performing arts, film, music, or interdisciplinary work.
- Only projects of a non-commercial nature will be considered.
- The Goethe-Institut offers financial support for chosen projects to the maximum amount of R70 000 per project. Should the project budget exceed this amount, the artist/project team should seek further support from other funding institutions, donors or sponsors – information of which should be included in the budget plan for this application form.
- The proposed space has an established track record, operating for at least 1 year and professionalism evident. The profile of the space must be such that realisation of proposed project is viable.
- The signed collaboration agreement outlining the form of commitment from the space is essential.
- A clear idea on how the project engages with communities, preferably outside South Africa’s big urban centres, must be part of the project proposal
- Only one project proposal per artist will be considered by the
- GPS grants financial support / seed funding of up to R 70.000 per project to artistic projects that are realised in South Africa between February and November 2023.
UPLOAD the FOLLOWING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS In YOUR APPLICATION FORM:
If you have questions, please consult FAQ below:
Contact Info: [email protected]
For More Information: