Deadline: January 7 2014
The Social Media Impact Awards is an annual international documentary and educational impact media competition + showcase honoring members in the independent film and global humanitarian industries. SIMA champions, promotes and exhibit the works of independent filmmakers, activists and change-makers that too often remain overlooked, and provide a springboard for creative media that exemplifies excellence in its potential to inspire change.
- Films must be completed between Jan 2011 and October 2013 to be eligible for entry.
- Each title is permitted to enter once to SIMA. Titles that have entered in the past are not permitted to enter into the competition in subsequent years. Each entry may be submitted by only one individual or organization.
- If the film is a co-production, the entrant assumes full responsibility for notifying the other co-production partners of the entry.
- In the event of multiple entries for the same film, copyright ownership will determine which entry is accepted. The entrant is responsible for securing and clearing all rights.
Individual, stand-alone documentary, 40 or more minutes in length.
Individual, stand-alone documentary, less than 40 minutes in length.
EDUCATIONAL IMPACT VIDEOS
Individual, stand-alone video, between 3 and 20 minutes in length.
- Jury Prize winners receive prizes worth $500 per category.
- Nominees receive entry in the SIMA Traveling Series & Catalogue, which is designed to maximize impact and exposure of social-issue documentaries through worldwide screenings for humanitarian, cultural and educational forums.
All (non-English language) documentaries and educational impact videos must be sub-titled in English. Multiple projects may be submitted, however each film must have a separate completed submission form.
If your DOCUMENTARY submission is NOMINATED, You will be required to send an electronic press kit (EPK) via email to [email protected] and exhibition screeners: 2 DVDs and Blu-ray (if available) to be sent to: SIMA AWARDS – 613 West Knoll Dr #B, West Hollywood CA 90069
For More Information: