Application Deadline: February 15 2014
The African Development Bank hereby seeks applications for the 2014 Afdb Internship Programme for Africans.
The broad objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
- However applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the AfDB.
To be eligible for internship, applicants must:
- Be students, aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning. The candidate can apply for an internship within one year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment.
- Be citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries.
- Be fluent in, at least, one of the Bank’s working languages (English or French).
Applicants are required to apply on line. Please note that only complete applications will be processed (all information requested on line should be provided).
Applicants are also requested to attach:
- A comprehensive CV and a cover letter.
- Copy of the latest Degree or equivalent
Duration / Timing / Location of Internship
Internships will initially be for a period of three months, renewable for up to six months (maximum).
The timing for the 2014 program is as follows:
- Winter – Session I: January through March 2014. Application period from 1st July 2013 to 15th September 2013.
- Summer – Session II: June through August 2014. Application period from 1st December 2013 to 15th February 2014.
Terms and Conditions
Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend of 550 UA (Units of Accounts – AfDB moving average exchange rate applicable in March 2013 is 1 UA= $1.53070 = 1.18404 Euro = 2.40833 TND).
Interns are responsible for their travel fare to and from the location of their internship, for their visa if applicable. They are required to have international medical insurance coverage for the duration of their internship.
All enquiries regarding the internship program should be addressed to:
Human Resources Management Department
African Development Bank
P.O. Box 323-1002 Tunis-Belvedere, Tunisia
FAX: (+216) 71 83 14 72 or E-mail: [email protected]
For More Information: