Application Deadline: April 22nd 2014
What: 2014 UNAOC-EF Summer School
When: 16 to 23 of August 2014.
Where: EF’s New York campus in Tarrytown, New York,USA
The UNAOC-EF Summer School, 75 youth leaders from all over the world will be invited to engage in dialogue across borders, build critical skills for global citizenship and strengthen the ability to achieve lasting positive social change.
The UNAOC-EF Summer School 2014 takes place at EF’s New York campus in Tarrytown, NY, USA from 16 to 23 of August 2014.
The week-long summer school brings together 75 youth from across the globe, to address pressing global challenges, within the context of cultural and religious diversity.
The highly interactive program will immerse participants in the essentials of global citizenship. Seminars, workshops, and roundtable discussions will challenge participants and increase their impact as leaders in their fields.
The UNAOC-EF Summer School provides an opportunity to explore critical global issues and collaborate to develop solutions to these problems.
The application process includes the submission of a resume as well as essay questions on past achievements and future impact potential.
- be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old on 24 August 2014— the start of the UNAOC – EF Summer School.
- be linked to an organization or a network (e.g. youth council, youth NGO, not-profit organization, youth-led organization, community organization, faith-basedorganization, youth network or platform, college, university),or be asocial entrepreneur, blogger, intern or volunteer.
- hold a passport valid until at least March 2015 (for a visa to be issued, a passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of entry into the country).
- possess upper-intermediate English proficiency.
- international travel to and from the international airport closest to their residence(this economy class international ticket will follow the most direct route with nounnecessary stopovers),
- shared accommodation (double or triple rooms with participants of the same gender) while in Tarrytown,
meals during the official portions of the Summer School,
full event access during the entire week of the Summer School,
shuttles from and to the airport in New York City,
the cost of US and transit visas(if applicable),
the cost of vaccinations required to enter the US (if applicable), and
the cost of medical insurance required to enter the US (if applicable).
- local transportation to and from the international airport close to their residence,
- cost of meals and other incidental expenses while traveling from and to their residence to New York City,
- cost of meals and other incidental expenses incurred outside of the official portions of the Summer School, and
- any souvenirs, phone calls, equipment, etc. purchased for the Summer School or during the Summer School
- Application deadline:April 22, 2014, at 23:59 New York City local time. Any application received after this deadline will not be accepted.
- 75 selected participants announced : May 20, 2014
- The UNAOC-EF Summer School begins: 16 August 2014
- The UNAOC-EF Summer School ends: 23 August 2014
- A visit to UN headquarters in New York City
For More Information:
E-Mail: [email protected]