Submission Deadline: December 15 2014
Home. It’s a place. It’s a feeling. It’s where and how you live. It’s what you value, no matter where you are. We at Nikon recognize that home is at the heart of everything. This year’s contest asks you to show us what home means to you.
This year for the first time, all categories in photography and video will accept entries from any digital device, including smartphones. The video category will broaden its accepted length of six to 180 seconds, and will have an independent set of judges.
The contest is open to all, professional and amateur, regardless of age, sex or nationality.
Category A: Theme “HOME”, single photo
Category B: Theme “HOME”, photo story (two to five images that present the theme.)
Category C: Open theme, single photo
Category D: Open theme, photo story (two to five images.)
Category E: Theme “HOME”, 6 to 180 seconds in length
Category F: Open theme, 6 to 180 seconds in length
- One prize will be awarded in each of the photography and video categories.
- Each winner will receive a trophy, an award certificate, and Nikon products equivalent to 1,000,000 yen, 500,000 yen in cash and the opportunity to show his or her portfolio on the Nikon Photo Contest Website.
- The Grand Prize will be selected separately from the 1st place prize in each category.
- 1st place 1 award per category.
- The winners will receive a trophy, an award certificate, and Nikon products equivalent to 500,000 yen and the opportunity to show their portfolios on the Nikon Photo Contest Website.
- 2nd place 5 awards per category.
The winners will receive a trophy, an award certificate, and Nikon products equivalent to 200,000 yen
The Dell Graphic Pro Award
Dell Japan Inc. will award first-place winners in movie Categories E and F a Dell Graphic Pro desktop computer valued at ¥150,000 (winners who reside out side of Japan will instead receive an equivalent cash award).
The Western Digital Technologies Award
The Western Digital Technologies Award consists of the following additional prizes: