Application Deadline: July 1st 2015
- Are you concerned about the state of Public Primary Education in Nigeria?
- Are you interested in joining a selected group of youths to improve Education for Children in Public Primary Schools?
- Are you looking at being trained and mentored to grow and develop great leadership skills, enhance your understanding of youth development and build your non-profit management skills?
The AfriAspire Fellowship Program is an Initiative built around year-long social innovation projects that are implemented by selected fellows who are passionate about improving Public Primary Education. The Fellowship Program seeks to develop the Fellows into impactful leaders by connecting them with mentorship, networking and training opportunities over the course of an intensive fellowship year.
An essential aspect of the initiative is a unique one-week Observation Program focused on helping the Fellows observe a Private Primary School in Lagos, Nigeria before they commence the projects in a selected Public Primary School in their community.
- Fellows will also attend a one-week residential training on improving Primary Education and Social innovation. After completion of their fellowship year, they stay connected through the Alumni program.
Interested applicants must meet the following selection criteria;
- Must reside in South West Nigerian States (Lagos, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ogun and Ekiti)
- Application from youths living outside these locations will not be accepted
- Be between ages 18- 30 yearsHave exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- Have a good command of the English Language
- Have sufficient experience and skill to manage a team of volunteers.
- Be willing to implement Projects that would improve a Public Primary School in their community.