Application Deadline: March 1st and September 1st 2015
Whom: All Nationality except Austria
The Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy (BMWFW) and the European Union invites applications from international students for the 2015 Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria for Undergraduates, Graduates and Postgraduates.
Area of study or research
- Natural Sciences
- Technical Sciences
- Human Medicine, Health Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Social Sciences
Eligible for application are
- Descendents of forced labourers (regardless of their country of origin)- or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers.Students meeting the above mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research
– on their diploma or master thesis
– or their dissertation.
No scholarships are awarded for Bachelor-, Master- or Doctoral/PhD studies pursued in Austria, summer courses, language courses, clinical traineeships or internships.Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
Doctoral students: 40 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline March 1, 2015: born on or after March 1, 1975)
for other students: 35 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline March 1, 2015: born on or after March 1, 1980)
The quota depends on the budget | Grant benefit paid |
- Monthly scholarship instalment: 940 EUR
- Accident and health insurance: if necessary, the OeAD (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) will effect an accident and health insurance. The costs for the insurance have to be covered from the scholarship.
- The OeAD provides scholarship holders with accommodation (student dormitory or apartment). Monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered from the scholarship.
- Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance of up to max. 500 EUR in addition to the scholarship.
How to Apply:
The following documents have to be uploaded for the Online Application on www.scholarships.at:
- Fully completed Online Application form “Application for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” including a CV and a project plan, describing the plans and completed preparatory work for the research stay in Austria
- Two letters of recommendation from university lecturers. For these letters of recommendation no specific form is required; they have to contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university / department and must be no older than six months at the time of application
- Confirmation of supervision by a supervisor at the chosen Austrian university, university of applied sciences or research institution
- Scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
- University graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies at a university outside Austria resp. proof of enrollment at a study programme at a university outside Austria
- For descendants of forced labourers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proofs
For More Information: