- Application Deadline: 26-Sep-2015 at 23:00 BST
Do you have the idea that will revolutionise the world around you?
Barclays Africa Supply Chain Challenge is focused on creating supply chain transparency. The journey of a product from manufacture to consumer, is often disjointed and inefficient.
Barclays would be inviting five finalists to present their ideas to an expert panel, with the winning team crowned ‘Barclays Africa Innovation Challenge Winner 2015’.
The focus for this challenge is supply chain transparency. The supply chain, the journey of a product from manufacture to consumer, is often disjointed and inefficient. Currently there is a huge amount of interest in how we can increase this transparency of origin, not least with the use of blockchain technology.
- Propose a solution that creates more transparency between sellers and buyers, producers and consumers, throughout the supply chain.
- Use blockchain, distributed ledger or any other technology.
- The challenge is open to individuals, teams and start-ups
- Entrants should be aged between 18–35 years
- Can be for any industry – textiles, mining, finance, food, water and more.
- There will be five finalists. One member from each team will be invited to Cape Town on an all-expenses-paid trip to pitch their idea. They will receive professional pitch coaching and will present the idea to a panel of industry experts and Barclays executives.
Of the five finalists, one winning entry will be crowned ‘Barclays Africa Innovation Challenge Winner 2015’. The team will also receive $10 000 USD in prize money and a Barclays mentor for 6 months.
- Application Deadline: September 18th 2015
- Finalists Announcement: 12th October 2015
- Final Pitches and Winners Announcement in Cape Town South Africa: November 3rd 2015
For More Information: