Application Deadline:April 28, 2017.
For many years Facebook has been promoting innovation across the Middle East and Africa, providing startups with the tools they need to build, grow, monetize, and measure. Facebook grew out of a hacker culture, and we thrive on seeking out and promoting innovation on new platforms. That’s why Facebook are launching the Bots for Messenger Challenge, a contest to recognize and reward developers who are able to create the most innovative new bots on Messenger in (i) the Middle East and North Africa; and (ii) Sub-Saharan Africa across these three categories:
1. Gaming and Entertainment
2. Productivity and Utility
3. Social Good
Teams of up to 3 people are invited to participate in the Challenge. The submission period runs from February 15, 2017 to April 28, 2017.
- Bots must be created, and will be verified, between February 15, 2017 to April 28, 2017. Bots created before February 15, 2017 will not be eligible to participate.
• Bots must comply with all Facebook for developers Messenger Platform developer guidelines and rules, and use the Messenger Platform API.
• Any bots created on other non-Messenger bot platforms will be excluded.
• Bots must be created by people in the Entrant’s home region of either (i) the Middle East and North Africa or (ii) Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Bots may be in any language (or combination of languages). Only the Bot Submission must be entirely in English.
• It is optional to submit a link to an online video of the bot, but if you do, the video must be under 2 minutes long.
- February 15, 2017 at 09:00:00 GMT
- April 28, 2017 at 11:59:59 GMT
- May 19, 2017 at 09:00:00 GMT
60 finalist teams announced per region
(i) 30 teams in the Middle East and North Africa
(ii) 30 teams in Sub-Saharan Africa
June 2, 2017 at 11:59:59 GMT
Submissions close for 60 finalist teams
June 19, 2017 at 09:00:00 GMT
12 winning teams announced per region
(i) 3 winners and 3 runner up teams in the Middle East and North Africa;
(ii) 3 winners and 3 runner up teams in Sub-Saharan Africa
For More Information: