Application Deadline: October 15th 2015
AFRICA PROGRAM DATES: OCTOBER 2 – NOVEMBER 18, 2016.
Eisenhower Fellowships (EF) exists to inspire leaders around the world to challenge themselves to think beyond their current scope, to engage others, including those outside of their current networks, and to leverage their own talents to better the world around them.
The Eisenhower Fellowships Africa Program will bring a diverse group of up to 25 ascendant leaders from Africa to the United States for individualized fellowships to develop their leadership skills and foster collaborations with Eisenhower Fellowships’ global network of influential leaders.
Chaired by General Colin L. Powell, USA (Ret), EF brings two groups to the U.S. annually, each composed of approximately two dozen outstanding mid-career Fellows (ages 32 – 45), drawn from 53
Over a seven-week period, each Fellow receives an intensive, individually-designed program in his or her
professional field. Fellows are interviewed by high-level in-country nominating committees and selected by a committee at the Eisenhower Fellowships ’headquarters in Philadelphia.
- Eisenhower Fellowships seeks a diverse mix of applicants, ages 32-45, from a wide range of professional sectors.
- EF provides a unique leadership development opportunity for individuals who have a demonstrated track record of significant professional and community achievements and who seek to tackle big challenges in the future.
- Competitive candidates articulate goals for the fellowship program and propose steps to achieve them.
- EF seeks ascendant leaders who are committed to making the world more peaceful, prosperous and just, and who are committed to a lifelong engagement with EF’s network of 1,400 active leaders around the world
- Over a seven-week period, each Fellow receives an intensive, individually-designed program in his or her professional field.
This seven-week program is comprised of a five-week personalized travel itinerary in the U.S., preceded and followed by a week of group activities in Philadelphia. Each Fellow’s program is unique, as the Fellow collaborates with an EF Program Officer to align his or her goals withrelevant fellowship opportunities that lead to productive exchanges.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Candidates from the seven countries listed below should apply directly to Eisenhower Fellowships using the online application.
5. South Africa
- Candidates from other countries in Sub-Saharan Africa will be considered if they have a track record of regional impact and are nominated by a member of the Africa Leadership Steering Committee or a member of the Eisenhower Fellowships’ global network.
- Nominated candidates should apply by using the online application.
- October 15, 2015 : Deadline to submit application materials
- December 15, 2015 : Nominating Committees submit finalists to EF
- April 1, 2016: Candidates will be notified of results
- October 2-November 18, 2016 : Africa program takes place in the United States
For More Information: